Discover the multiple health benefits of infrared light
Technology advances hand in hand with science and in many occasions they complement each other to be at the service of our health. Currently there are multiple options to end muscular pain, poor circulation or infections in the skin, and in this post we will talk about a method that acts at all these levels very effectively: infrared light.
Infrared light is a type of electromagnetic and thermal radiation with a longer wavelength than visible light but less than microwaves. This is precisely the type of light radiated by infrared lamps and would fall within the scope of thermotherapy, a known method of treating ailments and diseases through the application of heat.
Within this discipline there are electrical pads, blankets, thermal bags, etc. that can punctually alleviate pain, but undoubtedly the application of infrared light manages to go further and offer longer-lasting results.
And like all applications of dry heat focuses on the focus of pain at rheumatic level, muscle and chronic ailments as well as lumbago, dorsalgias and cervicalgias. In addition to serving as a method of therapy in itself, it is ideal as a step prior to the application of other rehabilitative methods such as massage, electrotherapy, muscle strengthening exercises.
How does infrared light work?
The heat radiated by the lamp causes the blood vessels to dilate and consequently increases blood flow in the affected areas. This light can pass through the skin layer up to 3 centimetres and with this can act directly on muscles, arteries and veins. These immediate effects in turn allow ointments or creams with analgesic effect to be applied and relieve more quickly.
Use and application
The use of the lamp is quite simple so there is no greater risk to use it at home. The device must be placed approximately 40 cm from the skin, focusing the light towards the area to be treated and covering the rest of the areas that we do not want to expose to the light.
As for the duration, we can be exposed from 5 to a maximum of 15 minutes and can be applied up to 2 times a day. In any case, if you have any doubt about the application it is best to consult with a professional to avoid 100% risks.
As we indicated at the beginning of the post, the application of infrared light is very varied and benefits many aspects of our health. Here are some of the highlights:
- Helps the loss of fat and toxins: thanks to the stimulation of cellular metabolism helps to regenerate the body and eliminate the fatty acids and lactic acids that remain in our body after consuming certain foods.
- Combats chronic fatigue: infrared heat helps to improve cellular circulation and oxygenation, removing heavy metals from our body and making us feel more vital. All of this has an impact on the patient’s mood.
- It eliminates excess dead skin: with the use of this type of device, damaged skin is regenerated and excess dead skin is eliminated. This also affects infections as widespread as acne, as it eliminates bacteria from the skin pores. The results in this type of affections can be easily verified in cases of elimination of blackheads or pimples.
- It reduces muscle pain: it is your best known advantage. Here the infrared lamp acts very effectively and gives almost immediate results. It is highly recommended to treat neck and cervical pain, muscle tension or arthritis and also in sports injuries, as it stimulates the release of endorphins.
- Improves blood circulation: infrared light helps stimulate blood vessels to the point of dilation and this results in a noticeable improvement in blood flow, which allows a more fluid blood circulation and a decrease in the risk of clot formation.
- Benefit for the heart: closely related to the previous point, circulation and blood flow improves after the application of infrared heat, which allows the blood pumping is correct and the heart does not have to make an overstrain.
- Recommended for diabetics: helps regulate blood levels. Thanks to the improvement of the blood circulation the cells rejuvenate and therefore, they will have a better functioning and will alleviate certain symptoms of the person who suffers from diabetes.
In short, the application of infrared light is easy, fast, inexpensive and with multiple benefits for our health. We recommend you to receive the opinion of a professional before using it in order to avoid harmful consequences for a wrong use.