Nowadays, setting up a massage centre is a highly valued option among entrepreneurs. From Cronoshare we tell you how you can set up a massage center and how to win customers quickly.
Whether for health reasons or to reduce stress, the massage business is an option highly valued by entrepreneurs. This is because this service is increasingly necessary due to increased stress in the population.
Although it seems that this service is focused on people with high purchasing power and is only used for pleasure, you can be the one to give a twist to this sector of aesthetics and health.
If you want to know how to set up a massage center read on and find out how to get more clients.
Become a masseur
Chiromassage or massage is not the same as physiotherapy. In the case of massage, the Ministry of Education does not recognize any official title, either to be a chiropractor or to be a masseur.
There is also no training guaranteed by official bodies. That is why there are schools, academies and online training to be a masseur.
Being a masseur is not a health profession in Spain, but it is common as a leisure activity, in a recreational way, in a Spa or simply because it is pleasant.
Although it is not necessary to have any official qualification to be a masseur, it is necessary to train and take several courses in massage types in order to broaden your knowledge. This will also increase the chances of being hired good massage centers.
In addition, you must bear in mind that, although there is no training endorsed by official bodies, there are institutions and associations of masseurs in which you can support once you have the degree:
- APN_COFENAT: This is the National Association of Professionals and Self-Employed Natural Therapies. Its objective is to represent and defend the interests of those professionals working in the field of natural therapies. These therapies include different manual techniques such as chiromassage, osteopathy, reflexology, etc.. In addition, it allows you to stay up to date in terms of training and also in terms of job offers.
- Quiros: This is the National Association of Chiropractors and Manual Therapists. Like the previous one, it also seeks to defend the interests of masseurs. In fact, there are several massage schools that collaborate with this entity.
- QuiroAnatur-Quiromad: This is another Association of Professionals in Natural and Manual Techniques that may also interest you once you have obtained the necessary training.
If you want to work as a masseur, you should know that there are several career opportunities:
- Set up your own massage centre.
- Working in a Spa.
- Beauty centres.
Skills of a good masseur
As with all professions, there are a number of aptitudes that characterize a good masseur. These are summarized below:
- Empathy: Not everyone has the personality to be a masseur. A good professional masseur must be able to offer a renewing and healing experience, not just massage. It is important to offer empathy, care and support.
- Knowing how to listen: Good masseurs listen. Massage clients may have both physical and emotional needs. In order to know what they need, it is necessary to know how to listen to them and adapt the massage to the client.
- Commitment: For a masseur it is important to continue training continuously. Nowadays, new massage techniques continue to appear and it is necessary to continue learning in order to improve and be able to apply new knowledge.
- Professionalism: A good masseur must demonstrate a high level of professionalism. Do not return the call to a client, arrive late for the appointment, transmit nervousness … These are behaviors that will increase stress in the client. Commercial skills are also needed, as massage parlours are usually small businesses.
Types of massages
Below we would like to offer you a brief list of the most popular and requested massage services.
This is the most widely used massage anywhere in the world. It is the basic relaxation massage. It consists of 5 main movements: effleurage, tapotement, friction and vibration. These massages relax and eliminate muscle tension, improving blood circulation.
Here, painful fibrous knots are sought in the muscles in order to relieve pain, even in areas other than the back. It can be painful and can be combined with other types of massage.
This massage is used before and after sport. It is used to warm up and loosen muscles. It is also used for rehabilitation, improving performance, flexibility and muscle balance.
The prenatal massage serves to alleviate the discomfort of the pregnancy. If massages are received during pregnancy, childbirth is probably much easier. After birth, massages help balance the mother’s body.
Massage with aromatherapy
It is a therapy that combines aromatherapy and massage. Here essential oils are included to massage the skin. This relieves tension, reduces pain and inflammation.
Foot reflexology is based on the theory that each area of the foot corresponds to an area of the body. If pressure is generated in these points, a reflex is produced in the internal organs that have a problem.
Hot stone massage
Hot basalts are often used for this massage. It is one of the most relaxing and sedative. This is a great option for people with insomnia and/or contracted muscles.
Business plan to set up a massage parlour
Here’s what you need to know to set up a massage center. If you want more information about this topic and how to get more clients you can find it in this link.
Before starting to set up a massage parlour it is important to choose which legal form it will have. The legal form will depend on the procedures that must be carried out to set up the company.
Before choosing the legal form you must take these factors into account:
- Type of activities to develop.
- Number of partners.
- Responsibility that you are going to assume.
- Initial capital.
- Tax obligations.
Today there are different types of companies and it is important that you value the different options before opting for one (autonomous, limited company, cooperative society, etc.).